Deep Mine 41 coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Deep Mine 41 Coal Mine is an underground mine in Dickenson, Virginia, Virginia.
The map below shows the exact location of the mine.
Paramont Contura, LLC operates the mine, which is owned by Alpha Metallurgical Resources Inc. 
In 2015 a health and safety incident in the mine resulted in a fatality. David W Brummitte died after being trapped between fallen rib material and a shuttle car. The cause of the accident was ascribed to the failure of the mine operator, Paramont Contura, to properly support the mine ribs where the miner was working. 
Coal produced at the mine is consumed domestically as well as exported to markets in Europe and Asia.
- Operator: Paramont Contura, LLC 
- Owner: Alpha Metallurgical Resources Inc 
- Location: Dickenson, Virginia, Virginia 
- Coordinates: 37.096111, -82.388333 (Exact or Approximate)
- Status: Operating
- Production: 2.1 million tonnes (2020) 
- Total Reserves:
- Mineable Reserves: 32.186 million tonnes (Proven and Probable Reserves, 2018)
- Coal Type:Bituminous (Thermal)
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 2010 
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- United States Department of Labour; Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), "Mine Data Retrieval System: Deep Mine 41", MHSA website, Accessed April 2021
- United States Department of Labour; Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), "Final Report - Fatality #4", MHSA website, Accessed April 2021
- United States Securities and Exchange Commission, "Form 10-K 2018", Seeking Alpha website, Accessed April 2021