Delimara power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Delimara power station is a 205-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in South Eastern Region, Malta.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Marsaxlokk Bay, South Eastern Region, Malta.
Reporting has suggested this plant may be converted to hydrogen or biogas fuels, in lieu of a natural gas pipeline to Italy. This came at the urging of the European Commission out of concern for their Green New Deal carbon reduction goals.
- Sponsor: Electrogas Malta Ltd.
- Parent company: Enemalta PLC
- Location: Marsaxlokk Bay, South Eastern Region, Malta
- Coordinates: 35.8309, 14.5546 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 205 MW
Articles and Resources
- Hydrogen may soon become the new gas for power plant, Times of Malta, Jul 12, 2020
- About us - Delimara Power Station - Enemalta
- Google Maps accessed January 2020