Denggao Xingren power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Denggao Xingren power station (登高兴仁煤电铝一体化动力站) was a proposed 1,200-megawatt (MW) captive coal-fired power plant in Guizhou Province, China.
The project was intended to support an aluminum plant at the same site, but in November 2018 a revised EIA was approved that stated the aluminum plant would instead buy power from the public grid. Plans for the captive coal plant therefore appear to be cancelled.
The undated satellite photo below shows the aluminum plant in Baling Town, Xingren County.
Background on Project
Planet satellite photos from June 2017 to May 2018 show construction on unit 1 is almost complete, but progress on unit 2 has stalled.
In November 2018 the project received approval of the modification of its EIA. According to the new EIA, the aluminum project will shrink to half the size of the original plan, reducing the budget by two-thirds. Plans to build captive power units in the original EIA were cancelled in the new EIA, which says the aluminum plant will use the electricity from the public grid. It is unclear what this means for the two half-built coal power units at the site.
- Sponsor: Denggao Xingren Aluminum
- Parent company: Guangxi Denggao Group
- Location: Baling Town, Xingren County, Qianxinan AP Prefecture, Guizhou Province, China
- Coordinates: 25.479521, 105.411093 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 1,200 MW (Units 1-6: 200 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "黔西南州发改委组织召开热电联产动力车间项目加快推动前期工作业务培训会," 2014-10-14
- "兴仁登高铝业有限公司兴仁登高煤电铝一体化项目环境影响评价第二次公告," 锦绣兴仁, 2014-11-27
- "“五一”：项目建设忙 工地战旗飘," 黔西南日报, 2015/5/5
- "兴仁：登高煤电铝一体化项目建成投产进入倒计时," 黔西南视窗网, 2015-09-02
- "陈鸣明到兴仁县调研煤电铝一体化项目建设," qxnjywang.com, 2017-03-15
- "贵州省环境保护厅2018年11月21日拟作出的建设项目环境影响评价文件审批意见的公示（兴仁登高煤电铝一体化项目变更)," 贵州省生态环境厅, 2018年11月21日