Derba Midroc Tossa Steel plant
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the |
Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.
Derba Midroc Tossa Steel is an electric steel plant in the Amhara Region, Ethiopia.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in the Amhara Region, Ethiopia.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Derba Midroc
- Owner: Derba MIDROC (Mohammed International Development Research and Organization Companies)
- Alternative plant names: Toussa Steel Factory
- Location: Amhara Region, Ethiopia
- GPS Coordinates: 11.690168, 37.963367 (approximate)
- Plant status: proposed
- Start year: Anticipated completion in 2014
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 1300 (EAF)
- Steel product category: long
- Steel products: billet, rebar, hollow sections
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: electric arc furnaces (EAF) (# unknown)
Articles and resources
- 9 Foreign Firms Shown Interest in Bidding for Tossa Steel in Ethiopia, Foundry Daily News, Nov. 7, 2011, Retrieved on: Sep. 1, 2020
- Ethiopia turns development pages of iron ore, steel industries, Pawlos Belete, Walta Info, Nov. 7, 2016, Retrieved on: Sep. 1, 2020