Dhaka to Chittagong Oil Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The pipeline will run from Dhaka to Chittagong, Bangladesh.
- Owner: Bangladesh Petroleum Corporation (BPC)
- Proposed capacity: 3 MMtpa
- Length: 155 miles/ 249.4 kilometers
- Diameter: 16 inches
- Status: Construction
- Start Year: 2022
- Cost: Tk 28 billion (approximately $0.33 Million)
The pipeline will transport imported and refined petroleum to Dhaka. The project received approval from the Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) in October 2018.  Engineers India Ltd. was contracted to do route surveying and the Bangladesh Army was contracted to do engineering, procurement and construction.
As of November 2019, only 12 percent of the work had been completed.
Articles and resources
- Planned Projects Pipelines and Gas Journal, accessed August 23, 2019
- "বাংলাদেশ পেট্রোলিয়াম কর্পোরেশন". www.bpc.gov.bd. Retrieved 2021-08-23.
- "Energy & Power Magazine". ep-bd.com. Retrieved 2021-08-23.
- Kabir, Humayan (6 January 2020). "BPC set to install 246-km oil pipeline from Ctg to Dhaka". Financial Express. Retrieved 25 February 2020.