Dhori-Khas Coal Mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Dhori-Khas coal mine is an underground operation, operated by Central Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India. The mine is part of the Bokaro and Kargali coal mines in the East Bokaro coalfield, in Jharkhand state, India.
The map below shows the location of the mine in Jharkhand state, India.
Background on Mine
The mine was planned for closure in 2012, but remains operating as of 2020.
- Sponsor: Central Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Bokaro and Kargali Area, Jharkhand, India
- Coordinates: 23.781699, 86.013284 (Exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production: 0.1 million tonnes (2020)
- Reserves: 3.35 million tonnes
- In service:
- Coal type: Subbituminous, Thermal
- Mining method: Underground
- Mine depth: 180m (current mine depths in the coalfield)
- Source of financing: