Diandong Yuwang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Diandong Yuwang power station (华能云南滇东雨汪能源公司雨汪电厂) is a 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Yunnan Province, China.
The map below shows the plant, which is located in Shibalianshan Township (Shibalianshanxiang), Fuyuan County, Qujing Prefecture, Yunnan Province.
Background on Plant
Description of Expansion
Huaneng is currently planning to build two additional coal-fired units at this plant, with a total planned capacity of 1,200 MW.
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
With no developments since 2012, plans for units 3-4 appear to be abandoned.
Project Details for Phase II Expansion
- Sponsor: China Huaneng
- Location: Shibalianshan Township (Shibalianshanxiang), Fuyuan County, Qujing Prefecture, Yunnan Province, China
- Coordinates: 25.1016, 104.617 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 1,200 MW (Units 3 & 4: 600 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Anthracite
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Hueneng Yuwang Coal Power Plant China," Global Energy Observatory, accessed November 2014
- Ailun Yang and Yiyun Cui, "Global Coal Risk Assessment: Data Analysis and Market Research," World Resources Institute working paper, November 2012
- These are the coordinates of the existing Huaneng Yuwang Coal Power Plant, according to Global Energy Observatory: "Hueneng Yuwang Coal Power Plant China," Global Energy Observatory, accessed July 2013.