Diantou power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Diantou power station (黄陵矿业店头发电厂) is a 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant under development in Shaanxi Province, China.
The map below shows the power station in Huangling.
Background on Project
Huangling Coal Mining has applied for environmental clearance to build a 2 x 660 MW coal plant in Huangling. The EIA of the power plant was approved by the Shaanxi provincial EPA in September 2016.
There was no further developments on the project until March 2019, when sponsor Huangling Coal Mining again discussed plans for the project. As of March 2020 Huangling Coal Mining has completed the pre-feasibility study and is seeking environmental clearance. The project was permitted in March 2020, with operation planned for 2023.
Construction began on unit 1 in May 2021.
- Sponsor: Huangling Coal Mining
- Parent company: Xi'an Jinxuan Investment Management (53%), Shaanxi Coal and Chemical Industry Group (47%)
- Location: Baishi/Siwan Village, Diantou Town, Huangling, Yan'an Prefecture, Shaanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 35.663011, 109.04123(exact)
- Status: Construction (Unit 1), Permitted (Unit 2)
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (2 x 660 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service: 2023
- Coal type:
- Coal source: Domestic
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "关于“黄陵矿业集团有限责任公司店头电厂2×660MW工程”项目环境影响报告书全文公示信息," Huangling Coal Mining, 2016-5-23
- "黄陵矿业集团店头电厂2×660MW工程取得环评批复"Huangling Mining Group, 2016-09-13
- "黄陵矿业公司2019年基本建设工作都有哪些新要求发布时间," Huangling Coal Mining, 2019-03-29
- "陕北—湖北特高压通道配套煤电规划获国家能源局批复，预计配置新能源项目6GW," SolarBe, 2020-03-08
- "陕北至湖北特高压配套4个大型火电项目已获核准 2个项目计划今年开工," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2020/3/13
- "2×660MW！陕西省一大型火电项目开工," Sohu, 2021-05-18