Djelfa power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Djelfa power station, also known as Djelfa Combined Cycle Power Plant or Ain Oussara Power Plant, is a 1,262-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant under construction in Djelfa Province, Algeria.
The map below shows the exact location of the power station in Aïn Oussara, Djelfa Province, Algeria.
The Djelfa power station is being built by Duro Felguera, S.A. (DF). When completed, the Djelfa power station will be the largest project DF has completed. DF signed the contract to build the plant in December of 2013. Initially, it had a 40-month deadline to complete the plant, meaning its completion was expected in 2017. However, it appears completion was delayed. A 2018 press release stated that project was "scheduled for completion in 2018" and DF lists the Execution Period as "2013-2019."
SPE's latest development plan slated commissioning for 2019-2021, and media announcements stated 2021. However, as of 2021 the contractor Duro Felguera has allegedly not paid multiple contractors, and not commissioned the site despite multiple government warnings.
- Sponsor: Société Algérienne de production d'électricité (SPE)
- Parent company: Soc Algerienne Elec (Sonelgaz)
- Location: Aïn Oussara, Djelfa Province, Algeria.
- Coordinates: 35.439261, 2.960760 (exact)
- Gross generatingcapacity (under construction): 1,262 MW
Articles and Resources
- Djelfa Combined Cycle Power Plant EPCEngineer.com, accessed Nov 18, 2019
- DF Major Projects Djelfa Combined Cycle Power Plant (1,200 MW) organizational website, accessed Nov 19. 2019
- Carlos Sánchez DF to execute the company’s largest combined cycle in Algeria for 544 million euro Energy News, Feb 28, 2014
- DF signs contract for Djelfa combined cycle power station in Algeria FuturEnergy, accessed Nov. 18, 2019
- The Minister of Energy insists, in Djelfa, on the strengthening of the means of production of electric energy, Algerian Ministry of Energy and Mines, Jul 17, 2019
- The Djelfa power station, a dream that turns into a nightmare and a huge scandal of mismanagement, Algerie Part, Jan 23, 2021
- Central Cycle Combiné Djelfa, Ain Oussera, Google Maps, accessed Jul 23, 2021
- djelfa: sellel inspecte un projet de réalisation d’une centrale électrique à ain ouessara, Algerie360, Apr 10, 2017
- Parc de Production de SPE, La Société Algérienne de Production de l’Electricité, accessed Jul 23, 2021
- Plan de développement, La Société Algérienne de Production de l’Electricité, accessed Jul 23, 2021