Dogye coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
|Please visit Global Energy Monitor to download the dataset|
The Dogye Coal Mine (도계광업소) is an operating underground coal mine in Gangwon Province, South Korea.
The map below shows the location of the mine, in Dogye Town (Dogye-eup), Samcheok City (Samcheok-si), Gangwon Province (Gangwon-do), South Korea.
In June 2020, one miner was killed and another injured in an accident at the mine.
- Owner: Korea Coal Corporation
- Parent Company: Government of South Korea
- Location: Dogye Town (Dogye-eup), Samcheok City (Samcheok-si), Gangwon Province (Gangwon-do), South Korea
- GPS Coordinates: 37.2265889, 129.0440739 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production: 0.25 MT (2018)
- Total Reserves: 47 MT
- Recoverable Reserves: 29 MT
- Coal type: Anthracite
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 1936
- Workforce: 324
- Source of Financing: