Dominion applied for an air permit for this project in 2004, but its application was overturned by the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency. In June 2007, Dominion decided to cancel its plans for the Conneaut project.
Location: Conneaut, OH
Capacity: 600 MW
Type: Pulverized coal
Status: Cancelled (6/07)
- Co-op America, Todd Larsen
- "People Power Trumps Dirty Power: Dominion Sees the Light, Pulls the Plug on Three Dirty Coal-Fired Plants", Co-op America website, June 21, 2007.
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Ohio and coal
- United States and coal
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- US proposed coal plants (both active and cancelled)
- Coal plants cancelled in 2007
- Coal plants cancelled in 2008
- State-by-state guide to information on coal in the United States (or click on the map)