Domunli Thermal Power Project
|Part of the |
Global Gas Plant Tracker,
a Global Energy Monitor project.
Domunli Thermal Power Project was a proposed 450-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Western Region, Ghana.
As of December 2019, the project has not progressed in more than four years and appears to be cancelled.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Jomoro District, Western Region, Ghana.
In December 2014, the government of Ghana/VRA proposed the Domunli Thermal Power Project, which is a 450 MW combined cycle thermal power project that seeks to make use of gas from the Jubilee Fields, located in the Jomoro District in the Western Region, set to begin operating in 2020.
- Sponsor: Volta River Authority
- Parent company: Volta River Authority
- Location: Jomoro District, Western Region, Ghana
- Coordinates: 5.1794, -2.6586 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (cancelled): 450 MW
Articles and Resources
- 5TH AGI LOCAL CONTENT & INVESTMENT SUMMIT, Volta River Authority website, Oct 26, 2016