Domunli power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Domunli power station is a 555-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Western Region, Ghana.
As of December 2019, the project has not progressed in more than four years and appears to be cancelled.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Jomoro District, Western Region, Ghana.
In 2013, Hunan Electric Power and Hunan Construction Engineering Group Corporation planned to build a 555 MW power plant in two phases in the Domunli power enclave.
- Sponsor: Domunli Project
- Parent company: Domunli Project
- Location: Jomoro District, Western Region, Ghana
- Coordinates: 5.1794, -2.6586 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (cancelled): 555 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 370 MW (to start 2020)
- Combined-cycle unit: 185 MW (no start date)
Articles and Resources
- Hunan Electric to build 555MW plant in Ghana, GhanaWeb, Oct 15, 2013