Donald Trump and coal/An America First Energy Plan
On his campaign website Trump outlined his "vision" for what he refers to as an "America First" energy plan.
Extract from website
An America First Energy Plan: Donald J. Trump's vision
Make America energy independent, create millions of new jobs, and protect clean air and clean water. We will conserve our natural habitats, reserves and resources. We will unleash an energy revolution that will bring vast new wealth to our country.
- Declare American energy dominance a strategic economic and foreign policy goal of the United States.
- Unleash America’s $50 trillion in untapped shale, oil, and natural gas reserves, plus hundreds of years in clean coal reserves.
- Become, and stay, totally independent of any need to import energy from the OPEC cartel or any nations hostile to our interests.
- Open onshore and offshore leasing on federal lands, eliminate moratorium on coal leasing, and open shale energy deposits.
- Encourage the use of natural gas and other American energy resources that will both reduce emissions but also reduce the price of energy and increase our economic output.
- Rescind all job-destroying Obama executive actions. Mr. Trump will reduce and eliminate all barriers to responsible energy production, creating at least a half million jobs a year, $30 billion in higher wages, and cheaper energy."
Articles and resources
- Donald Trump, "An America First Energy Plan", Trump/Pence campaign website, accessed November 2016.
Related SourceWatch articles
- Donald Trump and coal
- Donald Trump and coal/Economic Plan speech at the Detroit Economic Club, August 8, 2016