Dongamahua Captive Power Plant
The satellite photo, dated February 27, 2012 by Google Earth, shows Units 1-4 of the plant in operation.
According to the Environmental Clearance, the existing power station consists of four 135 MW coal-fired power plants, fueled by coal middling and fines generated during washing at the nearby Gare IV/1 coal mine, located in village Nagarmuda, Janjgir, Tapranga, and Dongamahua, about 50 km from Raigarh. Jindal Steel & Power (JSPL) proposes to transmit the power generated by this thermal power plant to its JSPL Raigarh steel plant in Raigarh through its own dedicated transmission network.
Units 1-2 began operating in 2010, and units 3-4 in 2012.
Details of expansion
However, there is no record that construction has begun, and plans appear to be deferred or abandoned.
- Sponsor: Jindal Steel & Power Ltd.
- Parent company: Jindal Group
- Location: Dongamahua, Raigarh, Chhattisgarh
- Coordinates: 22.1279449, 83.5359192 (exact)
- Unit 1: Operating (2010)
- Unit 2: Operating (2010)
- Unit 3: Operating (2012)
- Unit 4: Operating (2012)
- Unit 5: Cancelled
- Unit 6: Cancelled
- Gross Capacity:
- Unit 1: 135 MW
- Unit 2: 135 MW
- Unit 3: 135 MW
- Unit 4: 135 MW
- Unit 5: 150 MW
- Unit 6: 150 MW
- Projected in service:
- Coal Type: coal middling and fines
- Coal Source: Gare IV/1 coal mine
- Source of financing:
- Permits: Phase II, Units 5-6: Environmental clearance, India MoEF, Nov 9, 2010; Environmental clearance amendment, India MoEF, Jan 9, 2012
Articles and resources
- Raigarh, Jindal Steel & Power Ltd., Retrieved on: May 6, 2020
- Google Earth for 22.1279449, 83.5359192, accessed February 2014
- "Rapid environmental assessment," Jindal Steel, Feb 1, 2007.
- "Jindal Steel announces commercial generation from Dongamahua unit," Economic Times, June 1, 2012
- Environmental clearance, India MoEF, Jan 9, 2012.
- "EC Compliance report," JSP, November 25, 2014