Dongjiakou CHP power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Dongjiakou CHP power station (华能青岛热电董家口热电联产) is a 700-megawatt (MW) combined heating and power (CHP) coal-fired power plant in Shandong Province, China.
The map below shows the location for the plant in Boli Town, Huangdao District, Qingdao Prefecture.
Background on Plant
China Huaneng is seeking permitting for a 2 x 350 MW coal plant for Boli Town, Huangdao District.
Unit 1 was permitted in November 2016.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration suspended over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects in 13 provinces, including Dongjiakou CHP power station. It is unclear when or if the projects will be revived.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
2019: Project revived
In April 2019 it was reported that the project is revived. It is planned for construction in September 2019 and commissioning in 2021.
Construction was reported in August 2019.
- Sponsor: Huaneng Shandong Power Co Ltd
- Parent company: China Huaneng
- Location: Boli Town, Huangdao District, Qingdao Prefecture, Shandong Province, China
- Coordinates: 35.602326,119.78359 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1 & 2: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Start year: 2022
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "华能董家口热电联产一期基建核准," 中国电力化工网, 2016-07-19
- "华能董家口热电联产项目获批 系青岛重点民生工程," 凤凰青岛, Nov 10, 2016
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017
- "招标| 华能董家口2×35万千瓦热电联产项目施工准备工程招标公告," China Huaneng, April 2019
- "青岛市委常委、西海岸新区工委书记、区委书记孙永红 到董家口经济区及华能调研," 中国发展网, 2020-03-10
- "华能青岛热电1号机组成功通过168小时满负荷试运," BJX, 2022-10-19
- "华能青岛热电2×350兆瓦热电联产工程实现“双投”," BJX, 2022-11-07