Dongyu Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
Dongyu Coal Mine is a merger, reorganization, and reintegration mine approved by Shanxi Province in 2009. The reorganization and reintegration project officially started construction on June 17, 2011.In July 2015, the reorganization and reintegration project was officially put into operation with a 1.5 million tons/year design production capacity. As of the end of January 2021, the approved production capacity was 1.5 million tons/year.
About 23:40 on May 22, 2017, a flooding accident occurred at Dongyu Coal Mine, and six persons were killed.
- Operator: Shanxi Meijing Group Dongyu Coal Industry Co., Ltd.
- Owner: Meijin Energy Group Co., Ltd.
- Location: Dongyu Village, Dongyu Town, Qingxu County, Taiyuan City, Shanxi Province
- GPS Coordinates: 37.615069, 112.253918
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 1.5 million tonnes per annum
- Total Resource: 273.025 million tonnes
- Mineable Reserves: 142.88 million tonnes
- Coal Type: Meager coal, Anthracite, Meager lean coal（Met, Thermal）
- Mine Size: 16.8506 k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 2012