Duferco La Louvière steel plant
|This article is part of the |
Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.
Duferco La Louvière steel plant is an integrated steel plant in La Louvière, Belgium.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in La Louvière, Belgium.
The La Louvière steel plant facility was previously operated under shared ownership by NLMK and Duferco. In 2013, the Duferco portion of the steel plant closed, but the NLMK areas of the plant continued to operate.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Duferco
- Owner: Duferco La Louvière S.A.
- Alternative plant names: SA Usine Boel, Usines Gustave Boël, UGB
- Location: Rue des Rivaux 2, 7100 La Louvière, Belgium
- GPS Coordinates: 50.489531, 4.192024 (exact)
- Plant status: closed in 2013
- Start year: 1853 (age 169–170)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 2100 (BF-BOF)
- Steel product category: long
- Steelmaking process: integrated
Articles and resources
- Main Page, NLMK, Retrieved on: Jul. 31, 2020
- NLMK and Duferco to create a joint venture acquiring steel production facilities in Europe and USA, NLMK, Nov. 27, 2006, Retrieved on: Jul. 31, 2020
- Duferco steel works, Behind Closed Doors Urban Exploration], May 2018, Retrieved on: Jul. 31, 2020