|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Dwiputra FSRU is a proposed FSRU LNG import terminal off the coast of Nacala, Mozambique.
- Operator: KARMOL
- Owner: KARMOL
- Parent: MOL, Karpowership (subsidiary of Karadeniz Energy Group)
- Location: Nacala, Mozambique
- Coordinates: -14.534204, 40.656408 (approximate)
- Status: Proposed
- Type: Import
- Start Year:
In August 2019, developers announced that MOL and Karpowership, a subsidiary of Karadeniz Energy Group, agreed to jointly carry out the first LNG-to-Powership project under the co-brand "KARMOL" in Mozambique. This LNG-to-Powership project consists of the collaborative operations of the FSRU to deliver regasified LNG and the Powership® to receive regasified LNG in order to produce electricity, which is subsequently provided to Electricidade de Moçambique ("EDM"), the Mozambican National Power Utility, through the electricity connection and transmission facility. The FSRU is being converted from an existing LNG Carrier. The Powership is currently operating with heavy fuel oil in Nacala, but in accordance with the prior arrangement with EDM, it will be switched to operation with LNG after the FSRU delivery.
As of June 2021, KARMOL was building the 127,452-cbm KARMOL LNGT Powership Asia which was earmarked for the site in Nacala, Mozambique. The vessel was expected to depart from Singapore for Mozambique in Q3 or Q4 2021.
Articles and resources
- MOL and Karpowership announce the first LNG-to-Powership project under the co-brand "KARMOL" to be delivered in Nacala, Mozambique, MOL, April 30, 2019
- About. Karpowership. Accessed June 2022.
- Hine (l_hine), Lucy (2021-06-08). "KARMOL in talks with Mozambique on second FSRU | TradeWinds". TradeWinds | Latest shipping and maritime news. Retrieved 2022-06-01.