ETRHB steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
ETRHB steel plant is a 1150.0-thousand tonnes per annum (ttpa) electric arc furnace (EAF) steel plant in Berrahal, Annaba, Algeria. ETRHB steel plant operates a electric arc furnace (EAF).
The map below shows the approximate location of the steel plant in Berrahal, in Algeria.
The ETRHB steel plant was proposed in 2017 by the ETRHB Haddad Group. In 2019, the investment was stalled due to legal issues pertaining to the owner of the Haddad Group. The cost of the plant, which is expected to generate 2,000 jobs, is estimated to be $400 million.
In 2021, the Algerian industry minister announced the project would be revitalized and continued. As of 2022, the project has not begun construction.
- Location: Berrahal, Algeria
- GPS Coordinates: 36.834412, 7.454940 (approximate)
- Plant status: proposed
- Start year: 2020 (anticipated)
- Owner: ETRHB Haddad Group
- Crude steel production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum): 1150.0
- Electric arc furnace (EAF): 1150
- Workforce size: 40
- Main production equipment: electric arc furnace (EAF)
- Detailed production equipment: EAF (number unknown)
Articles and Resources
- "ETRHB steel project to be resumed in Algeria". Steel Orbis. 2021-04-07. Retrieved 2022-02-24.
- "Latest developments in steelmaking capacity - 2020" (PDF). OECD. Archived (PDF) from the original on January 27, 2022. Retrieved January 27, 2022.
- "DIRECTORATE FOR SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION STEEL COMMITTEE". OECD. Archived from the original on January 14, 2022. Retrieved January 18, 2022.
- "ETRHB INDUSTRIE". DnB. Retrieved January 15, 2022.