Earl F. Wisdom Generating Station
From Global Energy Monitor
Earl F. Wisdom Generating Station is a 119.1-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power station owned and operated by Corn Belt Power Cooperative near Spencer, Iowa.
- Owner: Corn Belt Power Cooperative
- Parent Company: Corn Belt Power Cooperative
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 33.0 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: Unit 1: 37.5 MW (1960), Unit 2: 81.6 MW (2004)
- Location: 3365 165th Ave., Spencer, IA 51301
- GPS Coordinates: 43.1605, -95.257556
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- Unit Conversions: The power station converted to a natural gas steam turbine in 2014.
- Unit Retirements:
- CO2 Emissions: 202,999 tons (2005), 135,422.97 tons (2008)
- SO2 Emissions: 1,816 tons (2005), 995.35 tons (2008)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh: 26.24 lb/MWh
- NOx Emissions: 708 tons (2005), 374.77 tons (2008)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.