East Spar Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The East Spar Pipeline is an operating natural gas pipeline.
The pipeline runs from the offshore East Spar Gas Field, located 40 km northwest of Barrow Island, to Varanus Island, Western Australia.
- Operator: Apache Energy
- Parent Company: Apache Energy (55%), Santos (45%)
- Current Capacity: 105.5 terajoules per day (97.6 million cubic feet per day)
- Length: 39 miles / 63 kilometers
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 1996
The pipeline is operated by Apache Energy, and is owned by Apache (55%) and Santos (45%).
Articles and resources
- Petroleum and minerals industries in the North-west Marine Region, IRC Global Risk Management, Oct. 29, 2007
- Apache East Spar, FMC Technologies, accessed March 2018