Echo Hill Coal Mine Project
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Echo Hill Mine is located 44 kilometres north of Tumbler Ridge, British Columbia. The mine is owned by Hillsborough Resources Ltd.
The satellite photo below shows the approximate proposed mine site near Tumbler Ridge, British Columbia, Canada.
The proposed project would produce 1 to 1.5 million tonnes of thermal coal per year for a mine life of 10 to 14 years. In December 2017, the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency terminated the environmental assessment process for the project at the request of the proponent. 
- Owner: Pacific American Coal Ltd
- Parent company: Pacific American Holdings Limited
- Location: Tumbler Ridge, British Columbia, Canada
- GPS coordinates: 55.366669,-120.8038547 (approximate)
- Mine status: Cancelled
- Start year: 1940s
- Mineable reserves: 13 million tons
- Coal type:
- Mine size: over 400 ha
- Mine type: Surface
- Production: 1.5 million tons per year
- Additional proposed production:
- Equipment: Contour mining and highwall auger mining
- Number of employees: 80
Articles and resources
- Echo Hill Coal Mine Project, Government of Canada, Last modified December 20, 2017.
- Summary of the Project Description of a Designated Project, Government of Canada, January 2013.