Efremovka-Dikanka-Kiev Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Efremovka Dikanka Kiev Pipeline (Russian: Ефремовка-Диканька-Киев) is a gas pipeline in Ukraine.
- Operator: Gas Transmission System Operator of Ukraine LCC (GTSOU)
- Owner: Gas Transmission System Operator of Ukraine LCC (GTSOU)
- Parent company: JSC Mahistralni Gazoprovody Ukrainy (MGU)
- Length: 477.8 km
- Diameter: 1000 mm
- Status: Operating
- Start Year:
- Associated infrastructure:
Change of the operator & owner in gas transmission system of Ukraine[edit | edit source]
In 2019 the personnel of the Branch “Gas TSO of Ukraine” the division of JSC Ukrtransgaz, responsible for natural gas transportation, was transferred to LLC Gas TSO of Ukraine and under the Service Level Agreement concluded between LLC Gas TSO of Ukraine and JSC Ukrtransgaz, LLC Gas TSO of Ukraine provided services covering all types of operation, maintenance and repair works to ensure safe and efficient operation of the main GTS facilities.
In the same year pursuant to Art. 24 of the Law of Ukraine “On the Natural Gas Market”, the National Commission for State Regulation of Energy and Public Utilities (hereinafter – NEURC) adopted a final decision supporting certification of LLC Gas TSO of Ukraine according to the ISO model, and also issued the license for the right to carry out activities for the transmission of natural gas allowing the company to perform its functions starting with January 1, 2020 (Resolution of 24.12.2019 No.3011).
In 2020 LLC Gas TSO of Ukraine was fully separated from Naftogaz Group and 100% stake in the authorized capital was transferred to the state-owned company JSC Mahistralni Gazoprovody Ukrainy (MGU). JSC MGU owns 100% of the shares of LLC Gas TSO of Ukraine.
The Efremovka-Dikanka-Kyiv gas pipeline could at any moment cause an environmental disaster, environmentalists are alarmed. Warehouses of numerous pharmaceutical distributors are located in the immediate vicinity of the sensitive facility, and the most ordinary emergency in the warehouses will lead to unpredictable consequences.
Articles and resources
- Projects of gas transport facilities VTG, accessed October 28, 2019
- Högselius, Per (2013). "From Contract to Flow: The Soviet-Austrian Experience" (PDF). Springer Nature. Red Gas. Retrieved August 28, 2020.
- "Key Facts - Transmission System Operator of Ukraine". Transmission System Operator of Ukraine. Retrieved 2022-08-19.
- "Gas TSO of Ukraine". Linkedin. Retrieved 2022-08-19.
- "Газопровод Ефремовка — Диканька — Киев может в любой момент стать причиной экологической катастрофы". enovosty.com. 2016-11-18. Retrieved 2022-08-25.