Ehrenberg-Los Algodones-San Luis Rio Colorado Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Ehrenberg-Los Algodones-San Luis Rio Colorado Pipeline was a proposed natural gas pipeline in the United States and Mexico.
The pipeline would have run from Ehrenberg, Arizona, USA to San Luis Rio Colorado, Sonora, Mexico.
- Operator: IEnova
- Parent Company: Sempra Energy
- Current capacity:
- Proposed capacity: 130 million cubic feet per day
- Length: 99 mi / 160 km
- Status: Cancelled
- Cost: US$250 million
- Start Year:
The pipeline was to be operated by IEnova, a subsidiary of Sempra Energy. Starting in 2014, various media outlets announced the project, but there has been no news about it for several years, and as of 2020 IEnova does not show the project on its map of Mexican energy assets, so it appears to have been cancelled.
Articles and resources
- Ehrenberg-Los Algodones-San Luis Río Colorado gas pipeline, BN Americas, accessed October 2018
- Asset Data, IJGlobal, accessed Aug. 27, 2020
- "Construirán nuevos gasoductos en México". Somos Industria. April 28, 2014.
- "Anuncian construcción de gasoducto en San Luis Río Colorado". Monitor Económico de Baja California. April 23, 2014.
- "IEnova: Our Assets". IEnova website.