Ekrokpe-Erkrejegbe power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Ekrokpe-Erkrejegbe power station is a shelved 400-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Ekrokpe, Ughelli South local council in Delta State, Nigeria.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Ekrokpe, Ughelli South, in Delta State, Nigeria.
As of May 2021 there has not been any news on the project since the 2018 groundbreaking ceremony and it is assumed to be shelved.
- Sponsor: Onose Tbea Energy
- Parent company: Onose Tbea Energy
- Location: Ekrokpe, Ughelli South, in Delta State, Nigeria
- Coordinates: 5.517692, 5.903853 (approximate)
- Gross generating capacity (shelved): 400 MW
- Unit 1: Gas-fired combined cycle, 200 MW (start-up in 2020)
- Unit 2: Gas-fired combined cycle, 200 MW (start-up in 2020)
Articles and Resources
- Nigeria starts construction on 400 MW gas power plant, Interfax Global Energy, Apr 26, 2018
- Temidayo Akinsuyi, Onuesoke Hails TBEA Energy On Proposed Building Of Power Plant In Delta, Independent , Apr 5, 2018
- Sunday Apah, Firm To Build 400MW Power Plant In Delta, Independent , Apr 4, 2018
- Nigeria gets additional 400MW power generation in 18 months, SpyNews, Apr 20, 2018
- Power Plant for Delta State, Petroleum Africa, Apr 26, 2018