El-Dabaa power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
El-Dabaa power station is a shelved 600-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Al Iskandariyah Governorate, Egypt.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in El-Dabaa, Al Iskandariyah Governorate, Egypt.
There have not been updates on this project since 2019 and it is assumed to be shelved. There is a nuclear power plant planned with the same name.
- Sponsor: The Egyptian Electricity Holding Co.
- Parent company: The Egyptian Electricity Holding Co.
- Location: El-Dabaa, Al Iskandariyah Governorate, Egypt
- Coordinates: 31.0275, 28.4429 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (shelved): 600 MW
- Combined-cycle units 1-2: 300 MW per unit (no start-up date)
Articles and Resources
- Platts World Electric Power Plants Database (June 2019 release)
- El Dabaa NPP as significant as Aswan High Dam, says Russian ambassador, World Nuclear News, Mar 11, 2021