El Aricha-Beni Saf Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
El Aricha-Beni Saf Gas Pipeline is an operating natural gas pipeline in Algeria.
The pipeline runs from El Aricha, Tlemcen province to Beni Saf.
The pipeline was proposed in September 2018 and would connect to two others that link to Spain, the Pedro Duran Farell (GPDF) pipeline which runs via Morocco and the MEDGAZ pipeline.
In May 2021, the pipeline became operational.
- Operator: Sonatrach
- Parent Company: Government of Algeria
- Current capacity: 4.5 billion cubic meters per year
- Length: 197 kilometers
- Status: Operating
- Start year: 2021
- Cost: 24 billion Algerian dinar
Articles and resources
- Algeria's Sonatrach plans new gas pipeline by 2020, Pipeline Journal, Sep. 17, 2018.
- "Algeria inaugurates key gas pipeline". Retrieved 2021-10-28.
- Focus on renewables adds to Algeria's commitment to fossil fuels, Oxford Business Group, accessed December 2020