El Campesino power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
El Campesino power station (Central Termoeléctrica El Campesino) is a proposed 640-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power station in the region of Ñuble, Chile.
The map below shows the approximate location of the power station in Bulnes, the region of Ñuble, Chile.
- Sponsor: AES Gener
- Parent company: Électricité de France (EDF) SA [50%]; Andes Mining & Energy (AME) [50%]
- Location: Bulnes, Ñuble, Chile
- Coordinates: -36.7943, -72.4203 (approximate)
- Gross generating capacity (proposed): 640 MW
The power station will use aero condensers as it's cooling technology as a method of saving water.
Articles and Resources
- Proctor, Darrell (July 1, 2018). "POWER Digest (July 2018)". Power Mag. Archived from the original on May 3, 2021. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- "Central El Campesino". AME. Archived from the original on August 3, 2020. Retrieved May 7, 2021.
- "AES Gener sells 750MW Chilean power plants to EDF, AME". Santiago Times. Archived from the original on May 3, 2021. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- "Proyecto El Campesino | Generadora Metropolitana". generadora.cl. Retrieved 2021-06-28.