El Centro power station
|Part of the |
Global Oil and Gas Plant Tracker,
a Global Energy Monitor project.
El Centro power station is an operating power station of at least 358-megawatts (MW) in El Centro, Imperial, California, United States.
Table 1: Project-level location details
|Plant name||Location||Coordinates (WGS 84)|
|El Centro power station||El Centro, Imperial, California, United States||32.8022, -115.5400 (exact)|
The map below shows the exact location of the power station.
Unit-level coordinates (WGS 84):
- Unit 4: 32.80222, -115.54
- Unit STM2: 32.80222, -115.54
- Unit STM3: 32.80222, -115.54
Table 2: Unit-level details
|Unit name||Status||Fuel(s)||Capacity (MW)||Technology||CHP||Start year||Retired year|
|Unit 4||operating||gas, fuel oil||82 MW||steam turbine||no||-||-|
|Unit STM2||operating||gas||124 MW||combined cycle||no||-||-|
|Unit STM3||operating||gas||152 MW||combined cycle||no||-||-|
CHP is an abbreviation for Combined Heat and Power. It is a technology that produces electricity and thermal energy at high efficiencies. Coal units track this information in the Captive Use section when known.
Table 3: Unit-level ownership and operator details
|Unit 4||Imperial Irrigation District||Imperial Irrigation District|
|Unit STM2||Imperial Irrigation District||Imperial Irrigation District|
|Unit STM3||Imperial Irrigation District||Imperial Irrigation District|
Articles and Resources
- "U.S. Energy Information Administration, Preliminary Monthly Electric Generator Inventory (November 2019)". Archived from the original on June 12, 2020. Retrieved September 10, 2021.
- "U.S. Energy Information Administration, Preliminary Monthly Electric Generator Inventory (July 2021)". Archived from the original on November 22, 2021. Retrieved October 13, 2021.
To access additional data, including an interactive map of gas-fired power stations, a downloadable dataset, and summary data, please visit the Global Oil and Gas Plant Tracker on the Global Energy Monitor website.