El Dorado Power Station
|Part of the |
Global Gas Plant Tracker,
a Global Energy Monitor project.
El Dorado Power Station was a proposed 30-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in the state of Sonora, Mexico.
As of November 2019, the project has not progressed in more than four years and appears to be cancelled.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Agua Prieta, the state of Sonora, Mexico.
The Energy Regulatory Commission (CRE) granted El Dorado Power a permit to generate electricity from November 3, 2013 to March 8, 2018.
- Sponsor: El Dorado Power SAPI de CV
- Parent company: Primero Energia
- Location: Agua Prieta, the state of Sonora, Mexico
- Coordinates: 31.3278, -109.5490 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (cancelled): 30 MW
- Gas turbine unit: 30 MW (no start-up date)
Articles and Resources
- Platts World Electric Power Plants Database (June 2019 release)
- PERMISOS DE GENERACIÓN E IMPORTACIÓN DE ENERGÍA ELÉCTRICA TERMINADOS AL 30 DE ABRIL DE 2018, Mexican government website, accessed Nov 25, 2019