Elegest coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of Russia and coal|
The Elegest coal mine, operated by Tuva Energy Industry Corporation (TEPK), produces 7 million tonnes per annum, in Tuva Republic, south of Eastern Siberia, Russia.
The map below shows the exact location of the proposed mine, near Ust-Elegest, Kyzylskiy District, Tuva Republic, Russia.
Coal Mine Background
Between 2006 and 2009 TEPK carried out exploration of the Elegestskoye coal deposit.
TEPK plans to build a coal port terminal at Vanino Port in Khabarovsk Krai, and build the Elegest-Kyzyl-Kuragino railway to transport coal from the mine to the port for export. The train line and mine expansion are expected to be operational in 2023.
- Parent Company: Tuva Energy Industry Corporation (TEPK)
- Location: Ust-Elegest, Kyzylskiy District, Tuva Republic, Russia
- GPS Coordinates: 51.565237, 94.112646 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 7 mtpa expanding to 20 million
- Mineable Resource: 855 million tons (referred to as "balance reserves").
- Coal type: Coking coal
- Mine Size: 84km2
- Mine Type: Surface
- Start Year:2011
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Investor's Globe,"Ruslan Baisarov - Owner of TEPK & Chairman of Most Company", Investor's Globe website, accessed 30 July 2019.
- Russia & CIS Metals and Mining Weekly,"Interfax Russia & CIS Metals and Mining Weekly.(Interview)(Company overview)", archive today website, 29 December 2011.
- Элегестское месторождение, Wikimapia, accessed Mar. 2021.
- N.E. Dubovik and A.E. Vertel "Elegestskoye coal deposit - a new raw material base of coking coal", Vnedra website, accessed 30 July 2019.
- Rosbalt "Дорога «Кызыл-Курагино» будет построена", Rosbalt website, 2 April 2019.
- ysia.ru "Эльгинское угольное месторождение подключено к единой энергетической системе России", ysia.ru website, 18 August 2019 .
- TEPK,"Основные параметры месторождения", TEPK website, accessed 30 July 2019.