Elegest coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of Russia and coal|
Elegest coal mine, operated by Tuva Energy Industry Corporation (TEPK), produces 7 million tonnes per annum, in Tuva republic, south of Eastern Siberia, Russia.
The coal mine is proposed to be located in the Tuva republic, in the south of Eastern Siberia, Russia. The map below shows the exact location.
Coal Mine Background
Between 2006 and 2009 TEPK carried out exploration of the Elegestskoye coal deposit.
TEPK plans to build a coal port terminal at Vanino Port in Khabarovsk Krai, and build the Elegest-Kyzyl-Kuragino railway to transport coal from the mine to the port for export. The train line and mine expansion are expected to be operational in 2023.
- Parent Company: Tuva Energy Industry Corporation (TEPK)
- Location: Elegest coal deposit is in the Ulug-Khem coal basin in Russia
- GPS Coordinates: 51.565237, 94.112646 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 7 mtpa expanding to 20 million
- Total Resource: 855 million tons
- Mineable Reserves:
- Coal type: Coking coal
- Mine Size: 84km2
- Mine Type:
- Start Year:2011
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Investor's Globe,"Ruslan Baisarov - Owner of TEPK & Chairman of Most Company", Investor's Globe website, accessed 30 July 2019.
- Russia & CIS Metals and Mining Weekly,"Interfax Russia & CIS Metals and Mining Weekly.(Interview)(Company overview)", archive today website, 29 December 2011.
- N.E. Dubovik and A.E. Vertel "Elegestskoye coal deposit - a new raw material base of coking coal", Vnedra website, accessed 30 July 2019.
- Rosbalt "Дорога «Кызыл-Курагино» будет построена", Rosbalt website, 2 April 2019.
- ysia.ru "Эльгинское угольное месторождение подключено к единой энергетической системе России", ysia.ru website, 18 August 2019 .
- TEPK,"Основные параметры месторождения", TEPK website, accessed 30 July 2019.