Embalut power station
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Embalut power station is a 95-megawatt (MW) coal-fired station in Tanjung Batu, Tenggarong Seberang, Kutai Kartanegara Regency, East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
The satellite photo below shows the location of the plant in Tanjung Batu, East Kalimantan.
Background on Plant
Project Details for 50 MW Expansion
- Sponsor: PT Cahaya Fajar Kaltim
- Parent company: PT Jawa Pos
- Location: Tenggarong Seberang, Kutai Kartanegara, East Kalimantan, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -0.3730972, 117.0624625 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross Capacity: 95 MW (Unit 1: 22.5 MW, Unit 2: 22.5 MW, Unit 3: 50 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: 2014
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "World Electric Power Plants Database,", Platts, September 2015. The database is not available online but can be purchased from Platts.
- "Embalut power plant needs 380,000 tons of coal a year" Petromindo.com, July 17, 2013.