Emden power station
|Part of the |
Global Gas Plant Tracker,
a Global Energy Monitor project.
Emden power station is a 52-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in the state of Niedersachsen, Germany.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Emden, the state of Niedersachsen, Germany.
In 1972, 450 MW of gas-fired electrical capacity was installed at the site. In 2012, Starkraft (which took over the power station from E.On in 2009) put the gas plant in cold reserve.
However, an open-cycle gas-fired turbine of 52 MW still operates on this site.
- Sponsor: Statkraft Markets GmbH
- Parent company: Statkraft Markets GmbH
- Location: Emden, the state of Niedersachsen, Germany
- Coordinates: 53.3422, 7.2062 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 52 MW
Articles and Resources
- "Emden gas-fired power plant". www.statkraft.com. Retrieved 2022-04-28.
- Kraftwerksliste, ID BNA0245a Bundesnetzagentur (German Federal Network Agency), version from August 2019
- Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) 529900FCS5S6HQ1B8S98 Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation, accessed January 2020
- Global Power Plant Database v.1.2.0, ID WRI1005657 World Resources Institute, June 2019