|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Emery Mine is an underground coal mining operation in Emery County, Utah, owned by Bronco Utah Operations, LLC..
On October 1, 2010, Consol said it idle be idling production at the mine by December 2010, as well as close its Mine 84 in Pennsylvania. The moves come as Consol has been diversifying away from coal, acquiring the 17% of CNX Gas it didn't already own in June 2010, and earlier buying Dominion Resources' (D) natural gas business. Pearce Hammond, director of institutional research with Simmons & Co. International, said there's no need for excess coal in the market, especially when prices for the thermal coal used in power plants are under pressure.
- MSHA ID: 4200079
- Operator: Bronco Utah Operations, LLC.
- Controller: Bronco Utah Operations, LLC.
- Union: UMWA
- Location: Emery, UT, USA
- Coordinates: 39.320730, -111.122897
- Production (short tons): 0.474 million tons (2020)
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Mining Method: Underground
- Mine Status: Operating
- Average No. of Employees: 88
Articles and resources
- "Map of Mines: Emery", CONSOL Energy website, November 2009
- Tess Stynes and Matt Whittaker, "UPDATE: Consol To Close Pennsylvania Mine, Idle One In Utah" WSJ, Oct. 1, 2010.