Endymion Oil Pipeline

From Global Energy Monitor
This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.

Endymion Oil Pipeline is an oil pipeline in the United States.[1] It is part of the Mardi Gras Transportation System.


The pipeline runs from oil fields in the Mississippi Canyon of the Gulf Coast to the Louisiana Offshore Oil Port (LOOP) in Clovelly, Louisiana.[2][3][4]

Loading map...

Project details

  • Operator: Shell plc
  • Owner: Endymion Oil Pipeline Company, LLC (subsidiary of Mardi Gras Transportation System Company, LLC)
  • Parent company: BP plc [65%]; ExxonMobil [35%]; Shell plc [10%]
  • Capacity: 425,000 barrels per day[5]
  • Length: 90 miles[5]
  • Status: Operating[5]
  • Start year: 2005


Endymion is an 90-mile crude oil pipeline with a 425,000 bpd capacity. The pipeline provides access to the Mississippi Canyon area of the Gulf of Mexico. It is connected to LOOP Clovelly storage with access to multiple markets. In 2016 Shell acquired a 10% interest in the Endymion Oil Pipeline Company, owned by BP and ExxonMobil.[1] The pipeline was completed in 2005.[6]

Shell plc became the operator in 2017.[5] BP plc owns 65% in Mardi Gras Transportation System, while ExxonMobil and Shell plc own the remaining 35%.

Shell Midstream Partners, LP owns a 10.0% interest in Endymion, which owns the Endymion pipeline system. Other owners in Endymion are BP Midstream Partners (42.25%) and an affiliate of BP Plc (22.75%) through their joint ownership of Mardi Gras Transportation System Company LLC, and ExxonMobil Pipeline Company (25.00%). SPLC is the operator of Endymion.[7]

On 5 April 2022, BP plc merged with BP Midstream Partners LP.[8]

Articles and resources


  1. 1.0 1.1 Shell Midstream Partners, L.P. Acquires Interests in Three Gulf of Mexico Pipelines, NASDAQ, Dec 28, 2016
  2. "Endymion, Proteus and Cleopatra," Shell, accessed September 2017
  3. "Geographic Mapping Data in Digital Format". www.data.boem.gov. Retrieved 2023-03-13.
  4. "Shell offshore pipelines map" (PDF). shell.us. 2018.{{cite web}}: CS1 maint: url-status (link)
  5. 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 "Mardi Gras Transportation System | Assets | BP Midstream". BP Midstream Partners. Retrieved 2022-04-11.
  6. "Pioneering deepwater gulf pipeline system integrates five segments Endymion Oil Pipeline," Oil and Gas Journal, May 12, 2003
  7. L.P, Shell Midstream Partners (2019-05-24). "Shell Midstream Partners, L.P. Announces Proteus and Endymion Transports First Oil from Shell-operated Appomattox in the Gulf of Mexico". GlobeNewswire News Room. Retrieved 2022-04-11.
  8. "bp completes acquisition of BP Midstream Partners LP | Press office | BP Midstream". BP Midstream Partners. Retrieved 2022-04-11.

Related GEM.wiki articles

External resources

External articles