Ennore LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Ennore LNG Terminal is an LNG terminal in Port of Ennore, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
The terminal will be in the Port of Ennore, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Parent: Indian Oil Corporation Limited (90%), Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation (10%)
- Location: Port of Ennore, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Coordinates: 13.259407, 80.337425 (approximate)
- Capacity: 5 mtpa, 0.72 bcfd
- Status: Operating
- Type: Import
- Start Year: 2019
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
Ennore LNG Terminal is an LNG terminal in Port of Ennore, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. Work on Indian Oil Corporation Limited's (IOCL) ₹5,151 crore LNG import terminal at Ennore has been completed and the facility is likely to receive its first consignment by the end of February 2019. The terminal also has regasification and storage capabilities and LNG road tankers loading facility. Sources in IOCL said that construction of the terminal and jetty facilities was complete and pre-commissioning and commissioning of various systems was in progress. Dredging work for the jetty and the channel that would bring cryogenic ships carrying natural gas in its liquid form is nearing completion. Construction of the terminal with a capacity of five million tonnes per annum began in November 2015.
Articles and resources
- GIIGNL 2021 Annual Report, accessed May 5, 2021
- ["https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/chennai/iocls-ennore-lng-terminal-ready-expects-first-consignment-this-month/article26293637.ece#!", IOCL’s Ennore LNG terminal ready, expects first consignment this month] The Hindu, accessed May 2019