EnviroPower has proposed a 525 MW conventional coal plant in Somerset, Pennsylvania. According to the Sierra Club, the plant may use waste coal. A timetable hasn’t yet been set for the construction of the plant.
As of October 2008, no information could be found on the project. It appears to have been abandoned.
Location: Somerset, PA
Capacity: 525 MW
Projected in service: TBD
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Kentucky Mountain Power
- Pennsylvania and coal
- United States and coal
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- US proposed coal plants (both active and cancelled)
- Coal plants cancelled in 2008
- State-by-state guide to information on coal in the United States (or click on the map)