Erawan-Rayong Gas Pipeline 1
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Erawan-Rayong Gas Pipeline 1 is an operating natural gas pipeline in Thailand.
The pipeline runs from Erawan Field in the Gulf of Thailand to the Rayong gas separation plant in Map Ta Phud in Rayong Province.
- Owner: PTT Public Company Limited
- Current Capacity: 860 million cubic feet per day
- Length: 258 miles / 415 kilometers
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 1981
The pipeline is owned and operated by PTT and was Thailand's first natural gas pipeline.
Natural Gas in Thailand
Thailand’s main use of natural gas is in electricity generation. Overall, natural gas plays a large role in Thailand’s energy mix and natural gas is responsible for 39% of Thailand’s primary energy consumption.
Articles and resources
- Natural Gas Transmission System, PTT Public Company Limited, accessed August 2018
- Thailand’s Developing Gas and Petrochemical Industry, PTT Public Company Limited, Mar. 16, 2005
- Gas In Thailand, World Energy Council, accessed August 2018