Erdenet power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Mongolia and coal|
Erdenet power station is a 50-megawatt (MW) coal plant under development at Erdenet, Orhon, Mongolia.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant, which is in Erdenet, Orhon, Mongolia.
The Erdenet power station is a 35 MW coal plant. A May 2014 brochure for the Energy Mongolia International Conference & Expo refers to an expansion of the Erdenet power plant as one project which international investment is being sought.
In March 2016 it was reported China’s Hunan Industrial Equipment Installation (HIEI) and the Ministry of Energy planned to expand the plant to 50 MW total. Around 85 percent of the investment is a Chinese concessional loan (to be recovered in 7.5 years), with the remaining financed by Development Bank of Mongolia.
A groundbreaking ceremony for an expansion of the plant to 50 MW was held in March 2019.
Project Details of Expansion
- Sponsor: Hunan Industrial Equipment Installation
- Parent company: Ministry of Mineral Resources and Energy
- Location: Erdenet, Orhon, Mongolia
- Coordinates: 49.0408, 104.098 (exact)
- Status: Construction
- Gross Capacity: 50 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing: Chinese concessional loan, Development Bank of Mongolia
Articles and resources
- "蒙古国额尔登特热电厂扩建项目开工_中国电力化工网," 中国电力化工网, Mar 28, 2016
- "Energy Mongolia International Conference & Expo", page 6.
- Khaliun Chimeddorj, "Groundbreaking ceremony for Erdenet Thermal Power Plant expansion takes place," UB Post, March 31, 2016
- "湖南安装:驰骋于蒙古高原的"铁血湘军," 株洲新闻网, 2017-07-27
- "额尔登特电厂改造项目举行奠基仪式," 驻蒙古经商参处, 2019-03-25