Ordos Shuangxin power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Ordos Shuangxin power station (双欣能源化工集团发电厂) is a 1,060-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows the plant in Otog Front Banner.
Background on Plant
Ordos Share Holding Group has proposed expanding the power station by two 600 MW units.
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
The restrictions likely cancel plans by Ordos Share Holding Group to expand the power station by two 600 MW units.
- Sponsor: Ordos Share Holding Group
- Location: Mengxi Town, Otog Banner, Ordos (E'erduosi) Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 39.385235, 106.965664 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1-4); Cancelled (Units 5-6)
- Gross capacity: 1,060 MW (Units 1-2: 200 MW, Units 3-4: 330 MW); 1,200 MW (Units 5&6: 600 MW)
- Type: Supercritical (Units 3-4)
- In service: 2008 (Units 1-2), 2010 (Units 3-4)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: