Escanaba Paper Power Plant
From Global Energy Monitor
Escanaba Paper Power Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by MeadWestvaco near Escanaba, Michigan.
- Owner/Parent Company: MeadWestvaco
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 54 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 54 MW (1982)
- Location: 7100 County Rd. 426, Escanaba, MI
- GPS Coordinates: 45.804889, -87.09436
- Electricity Production: 293,326 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 584,342 tons (2006)
- SO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions:
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|