Estevan coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Estevan Mine is a surface coal mine, operated by Westmoreland Mining, producing 6 million tonnes per annum, near Estevan and Bienfait, Saskatchewan, Canada.
The satellite photo below shows the approximate proposed mine site near Estevan and Bienfait, Saskatchewan, Canada.
According to Westmoreland's website:
The Estevan Mine has a long history of mining in Canada with the mine and original char plant being established near Bienfait. The Estevan Mine operates the largest fleet of draglines in our Canadian operations.
- Owner: Westmoreland Mining
- Parent company:
- Location: Estevan and Bienfait, Saskatchewan, Canada
- GPS coordinates:49.092848, -102.886072 (exact)
- Mine status: Operating
- Start year: 1973
- Production: 6 million tonnes
- Mineable reserves:
- Coal type: Thermal
- Mine size: 20,331 Ha
- Mine type: Surface 
- Number of employees:369
Articles and resources
- Westmoreland Mining, Estevan Mine, Company Website, accessed August 2020