Everett Marine Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Everett Marine Terminal is an LNG import facility located on the Mystic River in Boston Harbor, Massachusetts and has been operating continuously since 1971.
Everett Marine is the longest operating import terminal in the U.S. The terminal is owned and operated by Distrigas of Massachusetts (DOMAC), a subsidiary of GDF Suez North America. As of 2013, the terminal supplied about 20% of New England’s natural gas demand every year. The tanks at Everett Marine Terminal can store enough liquefied natural gas to both heat and light the state of Massachusetts for one day.
- Parent: Exelon
- Location: Everett, Massachusetts, United States
- Coordinates: 42.393,-71.064 (approximate)
- Capacity: 5.1 mtpa
- Status: Operating
- Type: Import
- Start Year: 1971
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
Articles and resources
- "Everett LNG Terminal at the Crossroads" Thomas Overton, Power, July 2, 2013.
- "Old System, New Solution?: Liquefied Natural Gas Could Be Pipeline Alternative" Bruce Gellerman, WBUR News, 3 November 2015.
- The LNG Industry: Annual Report 2020, page 48, International Group of Liquefied Natural Gas Importers, accessed April 29, 2020