|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
|Please visit Global Energy Monitor to download the dataset|
Ewington coal mine is owned and operated by Griffin Coal, a subsidiary of Lanco Infratech Limited, 10 kilometres east of Collie in Western Australia.
In 2022, the company entered receivership.
The map below shows the exact location of the mine.
Ewington is an open cut coal mine with the Ewington 2 mine developed in 1996. The Ewington 1 mine was developed in 2009.
The parent company Lanco Infratech entered receivership in 2017, yet Griffin Coal remains operational. In June 2021, the company invoked force majeure to suspend operations.
- Owner: DeloitteEwington Mine, 1.1. Billion Tonnes, Mining Link, accessed June 2020</ref>
- Location: Collie in Western Australia
- GPS Coordinates: -33.361338,116.252589
- Status: Mothballed
- Production Capacity: 2 mtpa
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 60.8 million tonnes (1992)
- Coal type: Bituminous (Met and Thermal)
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: Surface
- Start Year:1996
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Projects, IJGlobal, accessed Oct 2022
- Griffin Coal, "Ewington 1 & 2 Mines", Griffin Coal website, accessed November 2010.
- 'Broke' Griffin Coal invokes force majeure, citing wet winter to suspend operations ABC News, 29 Jul 2021.
- EPA Report, accessed June 2020