Exxaro Coal Central (ECC) Complex
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
|Please visit Global Energy Monitor to download the dataset|
The Exxaro Coal Central (ECC) Complex is a group of surface and underground coal mines, operated by Exxaro Resources and Mmakau Mining, producing 4.2 million tonnes per annum, in Thubelihle, Emalahleni, Nkangala Mpumalanga, South Africa.
The mines in the complex include: Dorstfontein, Forzando North and South mines and Tumelo.
The image below shows the exact location of the mines.
- Parent Company: Exxaro Resources and Mmakau Mining
- Location: Thubelihle, Emalahleni, Nkangala, Mpumalanga, South Africa.
- GPS Coordinates: -26.223715, 29.298358 (exact)
- Status: Proposed
- Production Capacity: 4.2 million tonnes per annum
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 122.6 million tonnes
- Coal type: Thermal, Bituminous
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: surface, underground
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
Related GEM.wiki articles
- ECC Complext, Mining Data Solutions, accessed August 2020
- Exxaro, Consolidated Mineral Resources and Mineral Reserves report 2019, Company Report, April 20, 2020