FGEN Batangas LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Batangas LNG Terminal (First Gen) is a proposed LNG terminal in Santa Rita, Batangas, Batangas province, Philippines.
- Parent: First Gen 80%; Tokyo Gas 20%
- Location: Santa Rita, Batangas, Batangas province, Philippines
- Coordinates: 13.7707075,121.0354947 (exact)
- Status: Proposed
- Type: Import
- Start Year: 2022
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
In December 2018 First Gen Corp and Tokyo Gas Co signed a preliminary agreement to jointly develop a liquefied natural gas import terminal project in Batangas. Later in December 2018 First Gen submitted its application to the Department of Energy (DOE) for a notice to proceed (NTP) to construct the FGEN Batangas LNG terminal project.
First Gen held a groundbreaking ceremony at the proposed site in May 2019, however as of July 2019 satellite photography from Planet does not yet show construction. In May 2019 it was also reported that construction contracts had not been finalized. In September 2019 First Gen selected Japanese firm JGC to build the terminal. In March 2020 FGEN submitted an application to build the terminal to the Department of Energy (DOE) with an expected commissioning date of 2022.
Articles and resources
- Tokyo Gas, First Gen plan to build LNG import terminal in Philippines, Reuters, Dec. 5, 2018
- First Gen pushes bid for Batangas LNG hub, PhilStar, Dec. 22, 2018
- First Gen races against time to build $1-B crucial LNG hub, Philippine Daily Inquirer, May 9, 2019
- Lenie Lectura, First Gen picks Japan’s JGC for LNG project in Batangas, Business Mirror, Sep. 3, 2019
- First Gen seeks DoE nod to build LNG import terminal, Business World, Mar. 6, 2020