From Global Energy Monitor
Facor Power Ltd is the power generation subsidiary of the Ferro Alloys Corporation Limited, which is commonly referred to as the FACOR Group. The company states that it is "considering" the "acquisition of existing coal mines in Indonesia to ensure continuous supply of quality coal to all its Thermal Power Plants."
Coal power stations projects
Facor Power has three coal-fired power stations which are either under construction or in the planning stages. These are:
- the 100MW coal fired Randia power station which is situated on land adjacent to the FACOR Group’s Orissa ferro alloys plant and is approximately 4 kilometres from the Orissa PGCIL’s grid sub-station. The company states on its website that the first of three boilers has already been commissioned and is providing 38 MW of power to the FACOR Group's ferro alloys plant at Randia. The second boiler and generator set is expected to be commissioned in early 2012 and increase the capacity of the plant to 75MW. The third boiler is scheduled to be commissioned by the end of 2012.
- the 45 MW Garividi power station adjacent to the FACOR Group’s existing Andhra Pradesh ferro alloys plant situated in the Garividi district of Andhra Pradesh. "The Construction of the Garividi Plant is expected to be commence in October 2011 and is expected to be completed and operational by October 2013," the company states on its website.
- Facor Power Chhattisgarh power project, a 600 MW power station in Chhattisgarh. On its website the company states that it is "developing a 600MW supercritical coal based thermal IPP in the state of Chhattisgarh. The Project is developed by the SPV BEC Power Pvt. Ltd. BEC is a wholly owned subsidiary of the FACOR Group and holds a portion of the land and certain approvals and applications required for the development of the Chhattisgarh Project."
Suite No. 401, Plot No. 5
Jasola, New Delhi - 110044
E-Mail: facordelhi AT facorgroup.in
Resources and articles
Related GEM.wiki articles
- ↑ Facor Power, "Welcome to Facor Power Ltd", Facor Group website, accessed November 2011.
- ↑ Facor Group, "Company Overview", Facor Group website, accessed November 2011.
- ↑ Facor Power, "Expansion Plans", Facor Group website, accessed November 2011.