Fahud–Sohar NGL Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Fahud-Sohar NGL pipeline is a natural gas liquid pipeline under construction in Oman.
The pipeline runs from the New Fahud NGL Plant to the Steam Cracker Unit at Sohar.
- Operator: Oman Oil Refineries and Petroleum Industries Company
- Owner: Oman Oil Company SAOC (OQ)
- Parent company: Sultanate of Oman
- Length: 300 kilometers
- Diameter: 14 inches
- Status: Operating
- Start year: 2021
- Cost: US$303 million
- Associated Projects: Fahud-Sohar Gas Pipeline
The Fahud-Sohar NGL Pipeline is part of the Liwa Plastics project.
On February 26, 2016, Punj Lloyd group announced that it won contracts for the construction of a 14-inch diameter, 300-kilometer natural gas liquid (NGL) pipeline and a 32-inch diameter, 301-kilometer natural gas pipeline. It stated the pipelines would need to be completed within 38 and 35 months, respectively.
It was announced that the Liwa Plastics project become operational in December 2021.
Articles and resources
- "Liwa Plastics project in Oman is on track for 2020 completion | Market Report Company - analytics, Prices, polyethylene, polypropylene, polyvinylchloride, polystyrene, Russia, Ukraine, Europe, Asia, reports". www.mrcplast.com (in русский). Retrieved 2020-08-07.
- "Oil & Gas News (OGN)". www.oilandgasnewsworldwide.com. Retrieved 2020-08-07.
- "Liwa Plastics Project, Sohar - Chemical Technology". Chemical Technology. Retrieved 2020-08-10.
- "Punj Lloyd Wins Pipeline Contracts in Oman". pgjonline.com. Retrieved 2020-08-07.
- "Oman to inaugurate $7bn Liwa Plastics project next week | Argus Media". www.argusmedia.com. 2021-12-12. Retrieved 2022-05-09.
- Punj Lloyd (February 6, 2016). "Punj Lloyd wins Pipeline contracts worth Rs. 2,070 crores (US$ 304 million) in Oman" (PDF). punjlloydgroup.com. Retrieved August 7, 2020.