Falcon Oil power station
Falcon Oil power station is a proposed 100-megawatt (MW) power station (likely gasoil-powered) in Punjab province, Pakistan.
The map below shows Dera Ismail Khan, the approximate location of the project.
WAKGROUP's Falcon Oil of Pakistan is the sponsor of a proposed oil refining complex in Dera Ismail Khan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province. Since at least 2019, the company has been expecting the refinery would include an independent 100-MW power generation plant.
In August 2017, Falcon Oil signed an agreement with China Energy Engineering Corp. to build the refinery and a "thermal gas oil unit."
As of June 2021, the oil refining facility still appears to be planned, but there have been no further developments regarding a related power unit and the project appears to be shelved.
- Sponsor: Falcon Oil
- Parent company: China Energy Engineering Corporation, WAKGROUP
- Location: Dera Ismail Khan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, Pakistan
- Coordinates: 31.831389, 70.901944 (approximate)
- Status: Shelved
- Capacity: 100 MW (Units 1&2: 50 MW) - likely gasoil
- Projected in service:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "About Us," Falcon Oil website, accessed May 2019 & June 2021
- "Falcon Oil lets contract for Pakistani refinery," Oil & Gas Journal, August 23, 2017
- "Oil refining policy being drafted for existing facilities’ upgradation," The Nation, April 5, 2021